A couple of years ago a friend of mine introduced me to a book called Microworlds by Margherita Dessany. It is a wonderful book filled with whimsical images of tiny people photographed in the world at large. The juxtaposition delighted me, and for a long time, I've wanted to play with the idea myself, just for fun. That's what I'm doing here. But, before I do, please check out some of the artists who have inspired me below.

Margherita Dessany

There are probably many more artists, but these are the ones I know about. If you have some favourites, please leave me a comment, and I'll be happy to add them to the list.

The inspiration of this collection of mine will be drawn from the everyday happenings in my own life -- the ordinary things we do as we live and learn. I want to bring some fun to them. A lightness. Some humour. And maybe even a little magic. I hope you enjoy my world!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Staying Warm



I could hardly believe my eyes this morning. When I looked out my bedroom window, there was several inches of snow on the ground. The wind, moving horizontally, carrying blankets more snow, suggested that was only going to grow. Branches were already heavy from the wet snow accumulating. My windows were frozen with ice trails formed from the rain that washed them only the evening before.

As I looked out the kitchen window into my blizzard-curtained backyard, I caught a glimpse of two teeny people casually sitting on bench, all cozy and comfortable, like they were enjoying a warm autumn day! The woman waved at me. The man leaned back and chuckled. I believe they thought the surprised look on my face was quite humourous. Easy going people, they seemed, anyway.

Once I was sure my senses weren't playing tricks on me, I chuckled and waved back. Then I promptly turned around and put on some holiday music for the pair. From the way they began tapping the tops of their legs and swaying in their seats, I was lead to believe they were enjoying my choices. Can't go wrong with the classics.


No comments:

Post a Comment